Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Birchbox for August 2011...



For those of you who don't know much about Birchbox the concept is this really AMAZING place where you can get deluxe beauty samples delivered to you for a subscription of $10 a month. The website offers tips and tutorials and you get discounts on full-sized products. To me, being fascinated with beauty, it's an AWESOME way to try new products and find out which one is perfect for you. Sometimes we feel the need to be loyal to a certain brand and buy all products within that brand, but I find it's rather helpful to vary your selection and pick from a lot of different places! That way you have a lot of different things to add to your beauty repertoire.

Birchbox

This months Birchbox inspiration was beauty innovations. These are products that are hopping boundaries, rethinking the compact, and shaking things up! Here are my reviews of the products...

1. Amika Obliphica Oil Treatment: This is a blend of nourishing argan and jojoba oils that calms frizz, hysdrates fried ends, and smells downright delicious! I did love the smell for sure but didn't notice a major difference in the texture of my hair! A lot of it could be that I don't blow dry my hair much anymore I just let it air dry so there wasn't much frizz to calm down. I would definitely try a full sized sample, but it's not on the top of my beauty must haves.



2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Lash Lifting Mascara and Line Erasing Serum: The volumizing mascara formula acts like hairspray for your lashes, keeping them curled and perky all day! I don't know about any of you ladies but I'm on the quest for the perfect mascara. Right now my favorites are Falsies by Maybelline, Million Dollar Lashes by L'Oreal and soon enough I will be trying the new Lancome Doll Lashes. This trial size mascara was pretty AMAZING and definitely made my eyelashes perky! I think I might be purchasing the full-size of this one which is $22! The line-erasing serum was nice, but I'm fortunate enough right now not to have a lot of wrinkles or lines to erase so it's not something I'll be using in the future. (I might change my tune once I reach 40 though!)



3. Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue: The description of this perfume says it doesn't get sunnier than this juicy scent, which is a modern update on the classic eau de cologne. I have to say the fragrance was a bit too strong for me. It'd be if I bathed in orange juice and topped it off with some orange extract also. The French tend to be a little dramatic and intense with their perfumes which I appreciate however it's not for everyone! The smell was definitely refreshing but a bit too strong for me! I prefer to stick to the floral, flirty type perfumes with notes of passion fruit or hibiscus!



4. Earthen Instant Face Peel: This all-natural peel whisks away dead skin without using any harsh chemicals, and comes in handy single-use packages. I don't really like to use face peels and I was skeptical to use this one. It is rather nice that it comes in a single-use package, but I don't enjoy the redness that I have after I use it. I know it's a sign that the peel is working, but I prefer to use just a gentle facewash before I go to bed. I prefer St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub. Seems to do the trick just the same and for much cheaper!




5. Twistband Hair Tie: This soft elastic gives the hair tie a sophisticated makeover-it looks as good on your wrist as it does on your hair. This statement might be true, but to be honest I didn't see all the fuss about it. It was a basic black hair tie and it was nice, but you still have to tie it and I find that I like the Goody one's just the same. Not going to switch anytime soon but a set of 3 is only $5!!!



Okay those are my beauty reviews for my most recent Birchbox! Hope you enjoy the info! I know I enjoy receiving them! It's like Christmas in a box every month! Until next time everyone!

<3 Stacey <3

Beauty comes as much from the mind as from the eye. ~Grey Livingston~

3 comments:

  1. OOOH..thanks! i think i might try it myself and spread the word to my SIL who loves this stuff!!

    ps: check out www.1145lill.com.. she bought me this "create your own bag" for graduation and i think it's absolutely brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those twist band hair ties seem really pretty! i love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea! I love that you get to sample all this stuff. Worth the $10 if you like to try lots of new products!

    ReplyDelete