Just in time for summer: 50 different potato salad recipes! Perfect way to ring in the start of summer!
1. Classic: Boil, peel and cube 2 pounds of russet potatoes ; toss with 2 Tablespoons of cider vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix 2 cups of mayonnaise, 2 chopped scallions, 1 chopped celery stalk, 1 Tablespoon each Dijon mustard and vinegar, 1 teaspoon sugar, and salt. Toss with the potatoes.
2. Classic Red: Make Classic Potato Salad (No.1) with red potatoes instead of russets.
3. Waldorf: Make Classic Potato Salad (No.1) without mustard. Double the celery and add 1 chopped apple and 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
4. Egg-Pickle: Make Classic Potato Salad (No.1), substituting pickle juice for the vinegar in the dressing. Add 3 chopped hard-boiled eggs, 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper, and 1/4 cup of diced pickle.
5. Sweet Relish: Boil, peel and cube 2 pounds of russets; toss with 2 Tablespoons of white wine vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix 1 cup of whipped salad dressing, 1/2 cup relish, 2 Tablespoons mustard and 1 chopped scallion; toss with the potatoes.
6. Crab Boil: Mix 1/2 cup each corn and chopped celery, 1 cup of mayonnaise, 1 Tablespoon lemon juice and 1 1/2 teaspoons of Old Bay seasoning. Toss with 2 pounds of boiled, cubed red potatoes and 1 cup crab meat.
7. Lobster: Mix 1/4 cup each mayonnaise and creme fraiche, 2 teaspoons each truffle oil and chopped tarragon, and salt. Toss with 1 pound boiled cubed red potatoes and 1 cup lobster meat.
8. Curry: Heat 1/3 cup each olive oil and golden raisins in a skillet. Add 2 teaspoons of curry powder and stir for 30 seconds. Mix with 1 cup of Greek yogurt, 2 cups of cooked green beans and 2 pounds of boiled cubed russets. Season with salt.
9. Ranch: Mix 2/3 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup buttermilk, 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar, 1 minced garlic clove, 1/2 cup chopped celery, 2 chopped scallions, 1 teaspoon sugar, and salt and pepper. Toss with 2 pounds of boiled cubed red potatoes.
10. Bacon-Ranch: Make Ranch Potato Salad (No.9). Top with 6 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled.
11. Chipotle-Ranch: Make Ranch Potato Salad (No.9). Add 2 Tablespoons chipotle hot sauce, 2 teaspoons of orange zest and 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
12. Garden: Boil 2 pounds of sliced red potatoes, adding 1 sliced carrot during the last minute. Drain; toss with 1 cup sliced radishes, 1 chopped cucumber, 3 chopped scallions and 1/2 cup of chopped parsley and chives. Mix 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar, and salt and pepper; add and toss.
13. Ham and Cheese: Mix 1 cup of mayonnaise, 2 Tablespoons of mustard, 8 ounces of cubed ham, 6 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup each of diced red onion and pickles, and 2 Tablespoons of chopped pickled green chile's. Toss with 2 pounds of boiled cubed Yukon Gold potatoes.
14. Green Goddess: Blend 1 cup of mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of mixed parsley, tarragon and basil, 1 scallion, 1 teaspoon of sugar, and some lemon juice and salt. Toss with 2 pounds of boiled halved fingerling potatoes.
15. Avocado-Shrimp: Make Green Goddess Potato Salad (No. 14). Top with halved cooked shrimp and diced avocado.
16. Slaw: Mix 1/3 cup each mayonnaise and olive oil, 1/4 cup whole-grain mustard, and salt and pepper. Add 3 cups of coleslaw mix, 3 chopped scallions and 2 pounds of boiled quartered new potatoes.
17. Dill: Mix 1/2 cup each sour cream and mayonnaise, 1/4 cup each chopped dill and scallions, 1 teaspoon sugar, 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar, and salt. Toss with 2 pounds of boiled cubed Russets.
18. Beet-Dill: Make Dill Potato Salad (No. 17). Add 1 cup sliced roasted beets.
19. Nordic: Make Dill Potato Salad (No. 17). Add 1 cup sliced roasted beets and 2 Tablespoons of horseradish.
20. Dutch: Mix 1/2 cup sour cream, 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 2 Tablespoons each of horseradish and cider vinegar, 2 teaspoons of caraway seeds, 1 teaspoon sugar, 2 chopped cucumbers and 4 chopped scallions. Toss with 2 pounds of boiled cubed Russets.
21. Peruvian: Blend 1/2 cup evaporated milk, 1/3 cup of queso fresco and 1 Tablespoon each aji Amarillo paste (or other chili paste) and vegetable oil. Toss with 2 pounds of boiled cubed Yukon Golds and 1/4 cup chopped olives. Top with sliced hard-boiled eggs.
22. Chicken: Mix 1 1/2 Tablespoons each champagne vinegar and Dijon mustard, 1/3 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup chopped cornichons, some chopped parsley and salt and pepper. Toss with 1 1/2 cups diced grilled chicken and 2 pounds boiled halved fingerling's.
23. Herb-Vinegar: Mix 1 cup chopped minced parsley, dill and chives, 1/2 cup chopped shallots, 6 Tablespoons each white wine vinegar and olive oil, and salt and pepper. Toss with 2 pounds boiled quartered new potatoes.
24. Tomato: Make Herb-Vinegar Potato Salad (No. 23). Soak 1/2 cup sliced red onion in ice water. Drain and add to the salad. Add 2 cups halved grape tomatoes.
25. French: Mix 1 cup chopped mixed parsley, chives and tarragon, 1/2 cup chopped shallot, 1/3 cup white wine, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 Tablespoons each white wine vinegar and Dijon mustard, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss with 2 pounds boiled halved fingerling's.
26. Nicoise:kalamata olives.
27. Provencal: Make French Potato Salad (No. 25). Add 2 cups halved grape tomatoes, 1 shaved fennel bulb, 1/2 cup halved kalamata olives and some chopped fennel fronds.
28. Pesto-Pea: Boil 2 pounds peeled, cubed Yukon Golds, adding 1 cup frozen peas during the last 4 minutes. Drain; toss with a mix of 6 Tablespoons white wine vinegar, 1/4 cup pesto, some pine nuts and salt and pepper.
29. Patriotic: Boil 2 pounds mixed cubed red, white and purple potatoes with 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar. Drain; toss with 1/2 cup chopped celery and 1/4 cup chopped scallions. Mix 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 Tablespoons each cider vinegar and whole-grain mustard, and salt and pepper; toss with the potatoes.
30. Pico de Gallo: Toss 2 pounds boiled cubed Yukon Golds, 2 Tablespoons olive oil, 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar, 3 cups of fresh salsa and salt to taste.
31. Salsa Verde: Toss 2 pounds boiled cubed Yukon Golds with 1 cup each sliced red onion and bell pepper, 1 1/2 cups salsa verde, 1 chopped avocado and salt. Top with cilantro and cotija cheese.
32. Sichuan: Cut 2 russets into matchsticks; boil 1 minute. Cook 2 sliced garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon each sugar and salt, and 2 dried red chile's in a skillet with peanut oil, 30 seconds. Add 3 chopped scallions. Drain the potatoes; toss with the flavored oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar and 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
33. Carrot-Sesame: Boil 2 pounds sliced red potatoes, adding 4 matchstick-cut carrots during the last 2 minutes. Drain and toss with 4 chopped scallions and 1/2 cup bottled sesame-ginger dressing. Top with sesame seeds.
34. Salt Cod: Cook 3 sliced garlic cloves in a skillet with 1/4 cup olive oil until soft. Mix with 3/4 cup grated tomato, 1/2 cup flaked salt cod and 1 pound boiled cubed Yukon Golds. Top with chopped parsley.
35. Thai: Mix 1/3 cup each mayonnaise and unsweetened coconut milk, 1 Tablespoon each curry paste and lime juice, and salt. Toss with 2 pounds boiled cubed russets, 1 sliced bell pepper, and some shredded basil and mint.
36. Indian: Cook 1 Tablespoon garam masala, grated ginger and canola oil in a skillet, 30 seconds. Mix with 1 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 cup chickpeas and 2 pounds boiled cubed russets. Season with salt and pepper; top with cilantro.
37. Greek: Mix 1 cup Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup olive oil, and salt and pepper. Toss with 2 pounds boiled cubed Yukon Golds, 1 cup chopped cucumber, 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese, 3 Tablespoons each chopped red onion and mint, and some oregano.
38. Sweets and Beets: Thinly slice 1 pound boiled sweet potatoes and 1 roasted beet. Whisk 1 1/2 Tablespoons champagne vinegar, 2 Tablespoons walnut oil, and some salt, pepper and chopped parsley. Drizzle over the vegetables.
39. Caviar: Whisk 1/2 cup creme fraiche, 2 Tablespoons each white wine vinegar, olive oil and minced red onion, 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard, some minced chives and chervil, and salt and pepper. Toss with 2 pounds boiled halved new potatoes. Top with salmon caviar.
40. Smoked Salmon: Arrange 4 boiled sliced Yukon Golds, 1/2 cup sliced red onion, 6 ounces smoked salmon and 2 sliced tomatoes on a platter. Mix 1/4 cup creme fraiche, 1 Tablespoon lemon juice and some lemon zest; drizzle over the salad. Top with capers.
41. Bagna Cauda: Cook 6 anchovies, 4 smashed garlic cloves and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes in 1/3 cup olive oil, 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup each chopped parsley and scallions, 1 Tablespoon chopped oregano, and the zest and juice of 1 lemon. Drizzle over 1 pound boiled sliced red potatoes.
42. Kimchi: Mix 1 cup chopped kimchi, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, salt and chopped scallions. Toss with 2 pounds smashed boiled potatoes.
43. Smoky Sweet Potatoes: Mix 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 cup each chopped cilantro and scallions, 1 minced chipotle in adobo, 1 Tablespoon lime juice, 1 teaspoon sugar, and salt. Toss with 2 pounds boiled sliced sweet potatoes.
44. German: Fry 4 slices bacon; cook 3/4 cup chopped onion in the drippings. Add 1 Tablespoon each flour, sugar and whole-grain mustard, 1/4 cup each white wine vinegar and water, and salt; cook 2 minutes. Toss with 2 pounds boiled sliced russets. Crumble the bacon on top. Serve warm.
45. Kraut: Make German Potato Salad (No. 44), adding 1 more Tablespoon sugar. Stir in 1 cup sauerkraut and 1 teaspoon caraway seeds.
46. Smashed: Smash 1 pound warm baked russet potatoes with 1/4 cup each butter and sour cream, add salt and pepper to taste. Toss with crumbled bacon, chives and sour cream. Serve warm.
47. Broccoli-Cheddar: Make Smashed Potato Salad (No. 46). Add 1 cup each cooked broccoli and shredded cheddar cheese.
48. Roasted: Halve 2 pounds red potatoes. Toss with 1/4 cup olive oil, 6 garlic cloves and some chopped rosemary; roast at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Toss with chopped parsley, salt and 2 teaspoons each Dijon mustard and lemon juice.
49. Grilled: Boil 2 pounds sliced russets for 5 minutes. Toss with 1/4 cup olive oil and 1 Tablespoon chopped rosemary. Grill the potatoes, 1/2 lemon and 1 sliced red onion. Chop the potatoes and onion; toss with olive oil, parsley, salt and juice from the grilled lemon.
50. Grilled Vegetable: Make Grilled Potato Salad (No. 49). Toss with grape tomatoes and grilled zucchini and eggplant.